Friday, February 11, 2011

Half Marathon With the Count




This post is actually a few days late. I ran my long run (a treadmill half-marathon) a couple days back. So why is treadmill half-marathon worth mentioning? Well because of the in-run movie of course!

I normally only listen to music while on the treadmill because I'm picky about what I'm willing to watch, but 13.1 miles is a long way to go with just tunes and bare walls, so I picked one of the few movies that fits my formula for "treadmill worthy".

Criteria for a Treadmill Worthy Movie
  1. Most be one I've seen before (to avoid annoyance when the audio is drowned out by the treadmill).
  2. Must be long enough to last at least 90% off the specified run distance (since I refuse to stop and change the disc if it runs out).
  3. Must be good enough to keep me distracted during the tough miles, but no so good that I'll want to stop and focus on it
For me the fairly modern remake of Bram Stoker's Dracula actually fills these criteria. I truly love this movie, but I spent a good bit of the run distractedly thinking "this is the cheesiest ball of cheese I've ever seen..Here is the original trailer from 1992.




If you've been spared the wrath of the might Count here is a clip of one of my favorite scenes.


Yeah..That was a good run.

No comments:

Post a Comment